Saturday 6 July 2013

The Royal Mail

 <Complimentary Appetiser>

A combination of light pastry, tomato and tuna topped with mango. This small little bite was delectable and tasty. It was a refreshing start to the meal.

 <Complimentary Appetiser> 

My oh my oh my~ Even though they called this a bread. This puff pastry was simply divine! The puff was really crispy on the outside and moist on the inside. To top it off, the pastry was mixed with cheese and black pepper before baking. It had a melt in your mouth type of sensation. I swear I could have easily chowed down a dozen of these. But if you are not a fan of cheese or black pepper, you are better off sticking to just one.

 <Butter Roasted Cod Fillet>

Cooked to perfection. The fish was moist and the meat just peels off layer by layer. The jus that accompany it lifted but did not overpower the subtle taste of the fish.

 <Roast Prime Rib>

This was the main reason for the trip here. Roast Prime Rib with Yorkshire Pudding, Garlic Potato Mash, Buttered Peas and Creamed Corn. My first all British affair. I especially liked the buttered peas with creamed corn, very tasty. The mash and Yorkshire pudding were good too. However, the highlight of the dish didn't really lived up to my expectations. Although it was tender, I found the roast really bland and under seasoned. I wasn't sure if it was suppose to taste that way, but I wasn't impressed.

<Dessert Platter>

From left, clockwise. We have Knickerbocker Glory, Pink Grapefruit Sorbet, Eton Mess, Caramelized Upside-Down Tarte Tatin of Pears and Banoffee Tart. I found most to be decent with the Tatin of Pears and Eton Mess being my favourite. They had a good contrast of taste and texture.

Verdict
Ambience - Good
Food - Good
Cost - $60 per pax
Overall - Worth a try

Address
Ascott Raffles Place Singapore, 2 Finlayson Green, Singapore 049247
http://www.theroyalmail.sg

Opening Hours
Mon – Fri
Breakfast: 6.30am to 10.30am
Lunch: 12 noon to 3pm (last order 2.30pm)
Dinner: 6.30pm to 11pm (last order 10.30pm)

Sat
Breakfast: 7am to 11am
Lunch: Closed
Dinner: 6.30pm to 11pm (Last order 10.30pm)

Sun & Public Holidays
Breakfast: 7am to 11am
Lunch – Closed
Dinner – Closed

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...