Sunday 6 September 2015

Kaiserhaus

Austrian, Hungarian and Bohemian (Italy) are the main cuisines on show at this newly opened restaurant at Capitol Piazza. I was extremely excited to try it when I first heard it was happening. Situated at the 2nd floor, you have a clear view of all other eateries around. Its own ambiance was relaxing, but yet oozes sophistication in my opinion.


 <Tomato Soup>

 <Beef Goulash>

At just $17++, the set lunch came with a soup, a choice of mains and beverage. Normally, I wouldn't order tomato soup as some are too watery and while some might be too tangy. This tomato soup was robust, tasty and leaves you for more. The beef goulash, my my my... OMG! When you can just eat this dish with a fork, it is a sign of awesomeness. Full of depth, flavour and slightly spicy, this goulash is to die for. Definitely one of the best I have eaten in Singapore. However, some might find similarities between this and our Asian sambal chilli. And if you are not a fan of any types of onion, even the sweet ones. Beware... this goulash is FULL of them~ Again, this is my first time trying out an Austrian style beef goulash. I'm not sure if it tastes like home, but it tastes darn good. ^^

<High Tea Set for 2>

Haha, Yes! I am back again with my wife. This time for their high tea set. O.o Yup, the waiters gave me the same look as they were exactly the same bunch on day 1. LOL! At just $28++ for 2 pax, You get 2 slices of their signature chocolate stollen, a choice of awesome looking cakes, organic rye sandwiches and pastries. Delicious and totally worth it. It fills you up pretty fast too. My favourite was the horn pastry. It was light, sweet, buttery and flaky~ Nom Nomz! And a high tea wouldn't be complete without choices of coffee and tea. 

Psst, they do serve good cup coffee. I'll be sure to visit Kaiserhaus again with my family to try out their emperor meals and sharing platters!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...