Sunday 4 November 2012

Poulet

Poulet means chicken in French. This newly opened French Bistro laid its first foundation at the recently revamped Bugis Plus (Previously known as Iluma). The restaurant has a very open concept and is right smack in the middle of the mall making it not so conducive especially for dating couples.

<French Onion Soup> 

I felt the soup was pretty average. But at a price of $5.80, I guess you can say that it is decent. The soup was beefy, the onions were cooked well. Only thing that I didn't fancy was that I found the soup a tad too sweet. It also lacks the cheese I love so much....

<Oxtail Stew> 

Simply divine! The meat falls off the the bone cleanly with the gentlest of touches. Take a bite of it and the meat simply melts in your mouth. My only 2 complains about this dish will be that I got the pieces with larger bones and more cartilage which I dislike. >.<

<Gratin of Potato and Sweet Corn> 

Usually not one of my favourites as I dislike cream based dishes. This wasn't too creamy and the corn added a much desired crunch and sweetness to balance off the taste.

<Soy Panna Cotta with Logan>

It almost felt like eating "Tao Huay" with logans. I wasn't too thrilled by it and I probably wouldn't order it again. But if you are thinking of having a light "Oriental" dessert to finish off your meal, this would be an ideal choice.

Verdict
Ambience - Average
Food - Good
Cost - $10 to $20
Overall - Try it!

Address
201 Victoria Street, Level 4 Bugis+

Opening Hours
11.30am to 9.30pm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...