Saturday 18 January 2014

Bistro Du Vin

 <French Onion Soup>

Awesome awesome soup! 2nd time having this. Definitely still the best French onion soup I've had in Singapore. The broth is really hearty and full of sweet plump onions braised for hours.

 <Foie Gras Ravioli>

This was my first real try at Foie Gras. I wouldn't say I love it. For me, the taste needed some adjustments of my taste buds. But I think I could get use to it.

 <Seafood Bouillabaisse>

An okay dish. I felt the white wine used was still a tad too overpowering. I would have liked the alcohol burnt off more. But that being said, the seafood were quite fresh.

 <Spring Chicken>

It looks dry on the outside, but it was really moist and nicely done on the inside. Well marinated and flavourful. The sauteed mushrooms complemented the chicken really well.

 <Grand Marnier Souffle>

As always, Souffles are always on my list of orders if a restaurant has it. Look at how high it rose. It was light, fluffy and had a good depth of Marnier to it.

<Caramelized Apple and Raisin Crumbles>

Served with roasted apple ice cream and whipped cream, it looks deceivingly plain on the outside. But the flavours were really refreshing and well balanced. A great way to end a heavy meal.

Verdict
Ambience - Good
Food - Great
Cost - $35+
Overall - Must try!

Address
1 Scotts Road, Shaw Centre, #02-12 Singapore 228208
http://www.lesamis.com.sg/

Opening Hours
Lunch: 12pm to 2pm
Dinner: 6.30pm to 10pm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...