Sunday 13 January 2013

Perla's Pastry Boutique


Perla's Pastry Boutique, a pastry branch from Pasticceria Da Valentino which focuses on serving authentic Italian cuisine the Italian way. I believe they recently opened this pastry outlet at the basement of Takashimaya last year. There wasn't any seats available at this take-away outlet, but my wife and I were glued to its quite decadent looking pastries on display.

 <Strawberry Tart>

Close to perfection. The strawberries were fresh, sweet and sour. The custard's consistency was just nice and velvety. The tart itself was alright, but it wasn't the kind of buttery crust that one would die-for.

<Chocolate Tart>

The tart was too crumbly in my opinion as the entire thing collapsed while digging in.. I could have sworn this tart is better off eaten with a spoon. And the chocolate tasted artificial as well. I wouldn't recommend this tart.

Verdict
Ambience - N.A
Food - Average
Cost - $7 to $15
Overall - Worth a try

Address
#B2-08-04A Takashimaya Shopping Centre, 391A Orchard Rd., Singapore,
http://www.valentino.sg/

Opening Hours
11am to 10pm daily

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...