Tuesday 25 December 2012

Ruth's Chris Steak House


Ruth's Chris Steak House! One of the top, if not the top steak house from USA. Been wanting to try it since it first opened at Marina Mandarin Hotel about 6 months ago. Today, I finally got to try it. A treat from my wife for Christmas! Ho Ho Ho ^^

<Complimentary Bread & Butter> 

As do most other steak houses I've been to so far, Ruth's Chris also serves its own version of hot bread and soft butter. It was pretty mediocre though, nothing much to rave about.

 <Sizzlin' Blue Crab Cakes>

The jumbo lump crab cakes came in a pair and were served with hot lemon butter sauce. Both my wife and I thought it was really good. You could taste the sweetness of the crab and the savoury aroma of the herbs and lemon butter. You also have a choice of squeezing fresh lemon juice on top of it to balance the flavour.

 <Crabtini>

If you want huge chunks of crab meat, this is the dish to order. The chunks of crab meat are huge, fresh and succulent! The creole remoulade sauce (a type of tartar sauce) overpowered some of the smaller chunks of crab. But for the really huge chunks, I think it matches very well. The freshly cut lettuce provided a good balance of texture and lightness to the dish.

 <Barbecued Shrimp - Entree>

Not to be confused with the barbecued shrimp from the appetizer section. This signature shrimp dish is served New Orleans style in reduced white wine, butter, garlic and spices with mashed potato. My wife found the dish very typical - the shrimps were nicely cooked to perfection but gravy aside, shrimps tasted like those we normally have in our local cuisine. For me, I liked the sauce quite a fair bit. It tasted almost like a variation of hollandaise sauce.

 <12-ounce USDA Ribeye>

Some of the reviews I read mentioned that the ribeye was quite bland. But I decided to take a chance. On the contrary, I found the steak to be really tasty and tender. Definitely one of the better steaks I've had. However, I would love my steak to have a little more charred spots on the outside. Usually those are the bits that contains bags of intense flavour.

<Caramelized Banana Cream Pie>

This was a disappointment in my opinion. Maybe I should have gone for their signature cheesecake, but seeing how full we might be, we decided to go for this.Texture wise, it was good with crunchy sugar on top, soft bananas and velvety cream in the center. So why do I say it was a disappointment? For me, the focus of  a pie or tart is not just in the filling itself but also the pastry. The pastry was dry and bland to be very honest. It just needed a little more butter to lift it up to the next level.

Verdict
Ambience - Good
Food - Great
Cost - $100 to $150
Overall - Worth a try

Address
6 Raffles Boulevard, 4th Level, Marina Mandarin Hotel, Singapore 39594
http://www.ruthschris.com/Restaurant-Locations/singapore

Opening Hours
Lunch: 11:30am-3pm
Dinner: 5:30pm-11pm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...