Saturday 5 October 2013

PS.Cafe

 <Key Lime Pie>

Hoho! My first ever taste of a key lime pie! Been yearning for it for quite a while and it isn't as widely available like its cousin, the lemon curd/meringue pie. The instant I opened up the box, the smell of the lime hit me so hard that it left me stunned for a couple of seconds. It tasted really sour, but in a way that I liked. The consistency of the curd was good too. But I felt that they could improve or used a different pastry to contain it. It was so crumbly that only a spoon would suffice. And I wonder, if they would serve it with some sweet Chantilly cream if I dined there. It definitely needed some balance.

<Banana Butterscotch Cake>

I guess I should have warmed it up before I ate it and with some vanilla ice-cream. But even though it was hard from the overnight refrigeration, it tasted good. The caramel on the top had a good balance of sweetness and bitterness to it. The cake was also still moist inside and had a really good banana-ish taste to it.

Verdict
Ambience - N.A (Because I did a take-away)
Food - Good
Cost - $12+ per pax
Overall - Worth a try

Address
Level 3, Paragon S.C., 290 Orchard Rd, Singapore
http://www.pscafe.com/

Opening Hours
Breakfast hours: 9.30am - 11.30am
Lunch, Tea & Dinners hours:  11.30am - 10.30pm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...