Tuesday 27 December 2011

Imperial Treasures Nan Bei


Roast Duck. Nothing is better than the skin of a roasted duck dish. Crispy on the outside and moist on the inside. This dish would have been to-die-for if not for the bland taste of the meat.


Ee-Mian (Longevity Noodles). Nothing really spectacular, just a typical well cook noodle dish.


BBQ Pork Rice Roll. One of my favourite dishes of dim sum. Skin was thin and Q, the meat was sweet and sauce simply ties the whole dish together. What more can you ask for?


Steam Pork Dumplings. As good as it can get, the skin was thin and the filling was generous. Only thing it can improve on was the marinate of the meat. But if you prefer a dumpling that is not too heavy, this will be perfect for you.


Deep Fried Beancurd skin with shrimps. All I can say is that the shrimps are super fresh. You can feel the crunch with every bite.


Egg Tart. Wasn't the best I've tasted so far, but decent enough for me to order again in the future. For those who don't like their egg tarts too sweet, I think you will enjoy this.

<Roast Duck Noodles>

Went back for a second time during lunch. Was on a budget. So I just simply chose one of the cheapest item on the menu which could probably fill me up. The roast duck noodles was average at best. As I've commented on their roast duck right at the top, I will not comment about it again. The noodles... well... they were alright. Cooked really well, crunchy and smooth texture. But I felt that the gravy was quite a let down. It was kinda bland and didn't really lift the dish. If only they had been a little bolder.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...