Sunday 8 September 2013

Lady M



Lady M - A famous confection from New York opened their first outlet in Singapore at Marina Square. Quite a few celebrities raved about their love and support for the brand. So my wife and I just had to try it out to see what the fuss was all about. The decor of the cafe was simple, classy and inviting. However, as it was their first day of operations, quite a few things didn't go smoothly. Such as the flow of ordering and paying up your bills. It was kinda all over the place. I'll leave it at that and move on to the goodies~

 <Signature Mille Crepes>

Taste was really good and very vanillanish. Everything wasn't mushed despite how moist it was. Each layer also had a good distinction between them. However, when it first reached our table, the whole thing sorta slanted to one side and I had to guide the layers back in place before a picture could be taken. Nevertheless, flavours were good and was my favourite out of the 3 we had.

 <Checkers>

If you ask me what are the water droplets on top of the cake, I wouldn't be able to answer you. But I guess the temperature difference between the fridge and the air-conditioning of the cafe wasn't handled well. And for me, this cake was alright. I like the chocolate ganache but felt that the overall cake had a very strong buttery taste to it which I didn't enjoy that much.

 <Strawberry Shortcake>

This was my 2nd favourite. It had a really nice light strawberry taste to it and wasn't too sweet. The cake is really light and fluffy too. I reckon I can chomp down at least 3 slices of this on its own. However, my wife felt that the shortcake from Rive Gauche was more to her liking.

Verdict
Ambience - Good
Food - Good
Cost - $7.50+ per slice
Overall - Worth a try

Address
Marina Square Shopping Mall, 6 Raffles Boulevard, #02-103, Singapore 039594

Opening Hours
11am to 9pm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...