Sunday 8 September 2013

Dim Dim The Hong Kong Pantry


Located in a sparsely populated Marina Link, this obscure Dim Sum place actually serves good food. Any initial skepticism I had of the place vanished once the food was sent into my mouth. In fact, the place is packed full of customers on weekends. The price of each item is also decent.


<Custard Bun>

Comparable to the ones served by Paradise Group in my opinion. Not too sweet, not too salty. You could still taste both the custard and the egg within. The bun is also soft and light.

<Deep Fried Shrimp in Bean Curd Skin>

Shrimps were super plump, juicy and fresh. Every bite consist of at least one shrimp. Really generous. Though it is kinda oily, but it is still at an acceptable range for me.

<Steam Cheong Fun with Prawns>

The shrimps here were also really fresh and juicy. You can see how each segment has shrimps popping out of them? That is how generous they are with it. The rice roll is also thin and smooth. Only problem I have is which the gravy. I'm not quite sure, but it taste very different from all those I've had before and I didn't find that it matched the dish.

Verdict
Ambience - Good
Food - Good
Cost - $4.50+ per dish
Overall - Try it!

Address
6 Raffles Boulevard, B1-16 Marina Square, Singapore 039594

Opening Hours
11am to 9pm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...