Thursday 26 January 2012

Saveur


Located at the humble intersection of Joo Chiat and East Coast Road. This kopi-tiam style French cuisine is something you would never expect. Angel Hair Pasta tossed with Komba (dried shrimps). The pasta was al-dente, it was fragrant and tasty. It only costs $4! However, the portion might be a little small for big eaters.


Angel Hair Pasta with Tiger Prawn and Lumpfish Caviar. Similarly, the pasta was al-dente, tasty and the prawns looked fresh. Nothing much that I can pick on. Costs $7 only.


Foie Gras (Duck Liver). They used duck liver instead of the usual high-end goose liver. Costs $7.50 for 30g. Served with stewed lentils, it didn't look fantastic in my opinion. I am not really into Foie Gras, but my friend told me that although the taste is good, she didn't like the texture. So, my suggestion to you is that IF you are a diehard fan of goose liver, don't try this!


Duck Confit. At just $8.90, this has to be the cheapest duck confit I have eaten. It wasn't as succulent or crispy as I had hoped it would be. But definitely worth the price. So if you are keen on a duck confit that has a knock down price, TRY IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...