Sunday 19 August 2012

Wooloomooloo Steakhouse


A steakhouse originating from Hong Kong, they pride themselves for serving up good steak. They get their beef mainly from Australia and some from USA. They serve Angus, Black Angus, USDA and their signature Wagyu Tomahawks. My friends and I, being steak lovers just have got to try it out. So how did it fare as compared to our favourite - Mortons so far? Read on to find out!

 <Focaccia Bread with Caramelized Onion>

It was fragrant but a little too chewy for my liking. My friends felt that it tasted like pizza dough and I agreed. Overall, it was alright, but incomparable to Mortons' version of onion bread. Oh, did I mention that this was complimentary?

 <Cream of Forest Mushrooms>

To be honest, this wasn't what I had expected for something worth $18. It was definitely creamy, but it totally lacks the taste of mushroom. It had a weird taste to it too, which I had no idea what it was.

<French Onion Soup> 

This was alright. Beefy, comfy and warm. A decent rendition of the "Oh so famous" onion soup. But I had much better in at least 3 other restaurants I went. So unless you are really craving for soup, I'd say skip it totally.

<Beef Wellington> 

Australian filet mignon with mushroom duxelle, wrapped in Parma ham, topped with Foie Gras & wrapped with puff pastry. Served with red wine Madeira sauce. This was my good friend's order. And she mentioned that it was really good. The steak inside was moist and full of flavour.

<Pan Seared Barramundi Fillet>

Served with lime, over crushed Idaho potato & tomato sauce with olive oil & capers. This was my wife's order as she isn't really a meat lover. It was decent as described by her. But wasn't her favourite fish dish so far.

<Black Angus Ribeye> 

The steak was really flavourful and done to what I requested for. However, it was a little too chewy for my liking. I guess it won't really be fair to compare it this way, since what I had from Mortons was USDA steak. But this steak does not even come close in comparison to the tenderness of the steak from Mortons. However, if I had not tasted Mortons before, this could be one of my favourites.

<Chocolate Souffle> 

Wobbly, is how my wife would describe her dessert. But I had a scoop of it for tastings. It was okay I suppose. The chocolate wasn't as intense or in-depth as I would have preferred. But it was really fluffy and baked to perfection though.

<Creme Brulee> 

Served with fresh mint, strawberries & blueberries. It was decent but not the best as mentioned by my friend. From the looks of it, it probably needed to be infused with a handful of vanilla pods.

<Lemon & Lime Pie>

Topped with Italian meringue & served with orange chips & vanilla tuile. A beautiful dessert and tasty too. It was my first time trying a pie like this. I was pleasantly surprised by how balanced and intriguing this dish was. It had all kinds of texture and flavour to it. Velvety, buttery, sour, sweet, crispiness and fruity. *Thumbs up!*

Verdict
Ambience - Great
Food - Average
Cost - $100+
Overall - Try it if you must

Address
2 Stamford Road, Level 3, Swissotel The Stamford, Singapore 178882

Opening Hours
Lunch: Daily 12pm to 2:30pm
Dinner: Daily 6:30pm to 11pm
http://www.wooloo-mooloo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...