Sunday 3 November 2013

Bistro Du Vin

 <Rabbit Terrine>

First time trying rabbit and first time for a terrine too. Not quite sure what to expect. But I didn't enjoy it as much as I would like to have. The  terrine was dry and the meat was flaky. There were pots of solidified oil that proved a little overwhelming in the end. Don't get me wrong, maybe I do not know how to enjoy it. But Bistro Du Vin has been one of my favourite places so far. I guess my adventure ended on the wrong side today.

 <Nicoise Salad>

A mixture of mesclun salad, tuna flakes, anchovies, black olives, hard-boiled egg, green beans and bell pepper. It was a hefty and decently delish salad. However, some might find it a little fishy for their liking.

 <Char Grilled Australian Augus Ribeye>

Served with French fries and Bearnaise sauce, the steak has a really good char all around it. Making it really flavourful and it also locked up all the juice within it as well. Really tender! Will definitely recommend it to steak lovers out there to try it. Just to rant, somehow I still can't bring myself to like Bearnaise sauce. =.=

 <Grand Marnier Souffle>

Puffy, fluffy and well executed. For me, it was cooked to perfection. And I've always preferred for souffles to be served with ice cream. *Thumbs up!* I just wished that they offered other flavours too.

<Petit Pot Au Chocolate with Madelines> 

Overall it was quite average. Nothing spectacular about it. If you are going to visit this awesome bistro for the first time, if you like, do try out their French onion soup and duck confit. I do rate them as amongst one of the best in Singapore.

Verdict
Ambience - Good
Food - Great
Cost - $30+ per pax
Overall - Must try!

Address
1 Scotts Road, Shaw Centre, #01-12, Singapore 228208
http://www.lesamis.com.sg

Opening Hours
Lunch: 12pm to 2pm
Dinner: 6.30pm to 10.30pm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...