Tuesday 7 February 2012

Canton Paradise


Fried Shrimp with Mango Roll. Tasty, bursting with flavour and it doesn't feel oily at all. Only complaint I have of this dish would be that they could have been a little more generous with the shrimps. But worth a try!


Siew Mai. Any good dim sum meal would be incomplete without the good old Siew Mai. They were fresh, juicy and come in 2 flavours! One with the usual pork filling, the other filled with shrimps. Tasty!


Tri-BBQ combination. Was a little disappointed that their roast pork wasn't available and we had to settle for poached kampong chicken. Wasn't disappointed with the dish but I would say I had better BBQ pork, roast duck and poached chicken elsewhere.


Scallop Congee. Tasty, silky smooth and fragrant. Only thing I would ask for would be to have more than just 4 scallops in it.


BBQ Pork pastry. Highly recommended!!! Tasty, tender BBQ Pork filling that isn't too sweet, wrapped around in pastry that literally melts in your mouth. Yes, you read it right, it melts! The pastry is so thin and fluffy. The best I have eaten so far in Singapore!



Shrimp Rice Rolls. Quite typical. You could give it a miss if you are very picky about your rice rolls. Although the shrimps are fresh and the sauce is good, I felt the rice rolls were a bit too thick for my liking.


Egg Tarts. I wouldn't say this is the best in Singapore. But definitely one of the best I've eaten. The pastry is light and fluffy. The egg custard is smooth with just the right amount of sweetness. Try it!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...